October 7, 2009

Oh Canada...

Being an ex patriot myself, I am always disappointed (but not surprised) to hear that something that is already widely available to Americans is not available to Canadians. Looks like the same is true for Kindle. Canadians know about it: We were discussing the new technology in Library School before I graduated in April, but they just can't seem to get their hands on it yet. What gives? At this point, I have no answers. I am doubtful that I will receive answers in the future. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense as Canada is just as technologically advanced as its neighbor to the south (and north: Alaska). One thing's for sure, these technical delays don't do much to convince the rest of the world that Canada is not in fact a nation of sheltered individuals that are uninvolved in societal advancements.

No comments:

Post a Comment